Web Site Features
For each local community we provision their own dedicated Digital Village web site portal, a site that acts as a social community, vendor directory and tourism marketing portal, with features such as:
- Social community – Membership profiles, forums, blogs and chat.
- Town Directory, for listing local businesses like hotels and restaurants, local Healthcare service providers.
- Tourism Guides – Marketing pages for showcasing local tourism attractions and booking options.
- E-Commerce Marketplace – Enable micro-businesses to offer online booking and product sales and shipping.
Start your Digital Village
Any one is welcome to start and lead a Digital Village for their community, and become part of our Digital Leadership Team. YOU can help Scotland become a world leading digital nation.
The principle activities and responsibilities are:
- Act as the Editor of the site – Build up the local content of news, directory listings, tourism guides etc.
- Recruit your own team of local Digital Champions – Help others with their technical skills needs.
Contact us to discuss.